• Release date: August 4, 2011
    • Author: Tripp York
    • ISBN: 9781608995608 (1608995607)
    • Publisher: Cascade Books
    • Genres: theology, christianity
    • Format: paperback, 154 pages
    • Language: english

About The Book

Synopsis: In this devilishly entertaining book, Tripp York takes it upon himself to find the Prince of Darkness. Provoked by a wager made in one of his religion classes, York explores whether in proving the existence of Satan, we might in turn prove the existence of God. Admitting the idea is not half-bad (and thus, conversely, only half-good), York enlists the aid of numerous ministers, theologians, spiritual warriors, pagans, shamanists, fortune tellers, and Satanists in his fiendish quest to determine the whereabouts of God’s first fallen creature. Part memoir and part theological treatise, The Devil Wears Nada is a compelling and humorous account of the strange, bizarre, and (oftentimes) offensive things we think about God, the Devil, and everything in between. Endorsements: “Tripp York goes searching for Satan in the classrooms and crossroads of America, but what he finds is quite surprising. As he piles up example after hilarious example of people searching for the wrong thing, he almost persuades me that Hell really is other people. In The Devil Wears Nada, York discovers that, in America, Christianity has become more the devil’s prisoner than it realizes.” -Jeffrey C. Pugh, author of Devil’s Ink: Blog from the Basement Office “I loved this rollicking journey to hell and back. Tripp York thinks that we ought to take Satan seriously, as long as we mock, deride, and laugh at him the whole time. Sex, money, power, religion — Satan is mixed up with all of it, and in the funniest ways. This book is hysterically funny, absolutely serious, and deeply Christian. If you have never thought of Mennonites as funny (and who has?), then you need to read Tripp York on Satan!” -Will Willimon, author of Why Jesus? “I didn’t want to read this book. I didn’t have time. So I just took a quick glance before moving on to other things. But in that quick glance, temptation came over me and I just kept turning pages. I couldn’t put it down. It made me laugh. It made me think. You’d better be careful or the same thing could happen to you.” -Brian McLaren, author of A Generous Orthodoxy “York … attempts to examine the existence of God through a back door, that is, by searching for Satan. The effort offers a lively ride. York captivates the reader with snappy prose and a disarming, at times self-effacing, line of argumentation … .” -Publishers Weekly Author Biography: Tripp York teaches in the Philosophy and Religion Department at Western Kentucky University. His previous books include, Living on Hope While Living in Babylon (Wipf & Stock, 2009), The Purple Crown (Herald, 2007), and Donkeys and Kings (Resource Publications, 2010).

PDF ebook The Devil Wears Nada download. MOBI The Devil Wears Nada Tripp York for Kindle on Dymocks. FictionBook book The Devil Wears Nada buy.

EPUB ebook The Devil Wears Nada by Tripp York read iPad on Book Depository. Hardback book The Devil Wears Nada read online. TXT The Devil Wears Nada by Tripp York on Android on Walmart.

Hardcover book The Devil Wears Nada buy cheap on Amazon. MP3 The Devil Wears Nada Tripp York download for Mac. Online ebook The Devil Wears Nada Tripp York buy cheap on Powells.

1件の投稿を表示中 - 1 - 1件目 (全1件中)
返信先: (PDF) The Devil Wears Nada — 9781608995608
あなたの情報: